If you had in the past dilemma or you have it right now and you still not sure what you should choose – Sitecore Commerce Server or Sitecore UCommerce – you can find some hints in my new article.
Some of you will probably find there answers, some of you maybe will find there only arguments – all of you can find this article on Coders Center blog:
Sitecore & eCommerce. Find Your Path!
If you have different opinion, or maybe you want to ask for something – you can do this always in comments or write to me an private message.
On 15th June 2016 I had a pleasure to be on first in Poland Sitecore Partner Day.
Speakers were mainly from Sitecore and we had an opportunity to hear about:
- Updates from the Global Solution Partner Program (Marie Louise Bouchet)
- Make your Sitecore implementation processes efficient (Hedgehog)
- What’s new in Sitecore 8.1 and Roadmap (Jannik Devantier)
- xDB – what is it really and how do I use it? (Morten Ljungberg)
- Partnering with Sitecore – use Sitecore messaging to help drive digital transformation and generate business (Marie Louise Bouchet)
- Sitecore Poland Community (Coders.Center & I)
- Diving deeper into the new features of Sitecore 8.1 (Morten Ljungberg)
- Sitecore Commerce (Jannik Devantier)
- Xccelerate Program & Case Stories (Jannik Devantier)
As you can see – most of titles are about: partnering with Sitecore , future of Sitecore and Sitecore Modules. There was a lot of interesting information and I am not able to provide all of them to you, but I will provide for you some of the most interesting from my point of view.
- In the second half of the year Sitecore will provide us Sitecore 8.2 version.
- In the beginning of the year 2017 Sitecore will provide us Sitecore 8.3 version.
- Sitecore has decided to extend their QA team to provide for use better quality (if you have ever opportunity to create an support ticket you probably will appreciate this move from Sitecore side ;)) .
- Sitecore will provide us a new version of Web Forms For Marketers (yes another changes in our favorite and the most stable module). In the nearest future WFFM will be a part of Sitecore – not a module as now.
- Sitecore xDB could be run as a service (infrastructure provided by Sitecore) – but you have to remember that you can not define custom structure of data which will be stored in xDB
- In the nearest future Sitecore will change some things in Partners program
- Sitecore Commerce – is becoming to be the most important module for Sitecore, so we can be sure that they will change a lot of things in very short period of time
- Sitecore eLearning platform elearning.sitecore.net (you can get Sitecore training without Sitecore certificate)
- Sitecore’s Business Optimization Services (SBOS) – check the place of your client in the road to success “click” (great move from SBOS side)
- Sitecore webinars – Sitecore will more often share an interesting knowledge with community
- Sitecore Community in Poland is looking for speakers for next meetup and sponsors and everyone who somehow want to involve in our community (tricky advert ;))
I hope that some of this information will be interesting for you also.
At the end I want to also share with you one photo from Sitecore Partner Day:
Coders Center got some Sitecore Awards 😉 I am this first guy from the left side.
If you get error “Error HTTP 401.2 — Unauthorized” you can locally disable authentication in following steps:
Open regedit and go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Lsa > MSV1_0
Add multiline key value (“REG_MULTI_SZ”) with name “BackConnectionHostNames”. As value enter hostnames of your IIS applications.
Inside IIS application in authorization section select ” Windows authentication” and change providers order into following:
After these steps your error should be gone.
When you need to have a bigger web.config file – for example when you want to use a Sitecore Commerce Server you should do following steps:
- Open regedit tool ( inside cmd run “regedit” command )
- Find the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > InetStp > Configuration ( if key “Configuration” doesn’t exists – just add it )
- Add DWORD Value named “MaxWebConfigFileSizeInKB” with value 500
At the end it will look like in bottom image: