It is a short article from the series “How is it possible that I missed that rows in the configuration?”
When we use Application Insights in Azure we usually have data about:
- Logged errors
- Failed Requests
- Server response time
- Server requests
But in my instance, I had only information about logged errors and other warnings. My charts with data about requests were empty and it was looking in the following way:
I spent a few hours on searching for the solution. I tried solutions from StackOverflow but in my case, nothing worked.
So after another few hours of checking all the configs, I found out that the issue is a missing module from web.config file.
Rows responsible for adding data to Application Insights are:
<remove name="TelemetryCorrelationHttpModule" /> <add name="TelemetryCorrelationHttpModule" type="Microsoft.AspNet.TelemetryCorrelation.TelemetryCorrelationHttpModule, Microsoft.AspNet.TelemetryCorrelation" preCondition="integratedMode,managedHandler" /> <remove name="ApplicationInsightsWebTracking" /> <add name="ApplicationInsightsWebTracking" type="Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Web.ApplicationInsightsHttpModule, Microsoft.AI.Web" preCondition="managedHandler" />
The bolded one (one which was missing in my configuration) is responsible for telemetry data like number or time of the requests.
The second one is responsible for the errors and logs added to the AI.
After that change, my data appears on the charts!