That will be a really quick and short blog post. I would like to share with you a graph which I made when I was checking which services/roles connect to SQL Server and which databases are utilized by particular items.
Click the image if you want to open it in an original/bigger size.
I hope that it will be helpful for you because I believe that one image is worth thousands of words.
Here you have got also mindomo’s file which you can import and edit on www.mindomo.com (works perfectly with google drive): Sitecore 9.1 XP Scaled.mom
I do not know if you are so lucky as I am … but every time when I am trying to install a new version of vanilla Sitecore on my local instance I have got issues which did not appear for other developers.
This time during installation of Sitecore 9.1 which should take 10-15 minutes I noticed that XP0-SingleDeveloper.ps1 script starts and stops more or less in the middle of whole installation process with following error:
I spent few hours trying to fix that. Based on previous experiences with Sitecore 9 and issues which I had with certificates I checked if my xConnect is accessible from the browser – it wasn’t. So I knew why I saw that error.
Usually, when I had an issue with certificates I had to just add those certificates to the trusted list with mmc tool (more details here) but not this time.
I started to search for solution in the internet and found following articles:
The third link has been mentioned in the second link as a solution. In my case, this didn’t help but suggested the solution.
Powershell scripts were moving certificates to Intermediate Certification Authorities category – in theory it should be enough … in my case didn’t change anything so I checked what I had in this directory.
I found out that DO_NOT_TRUST_SitecoreRootCert was added there many times. That was signal to me that it seems to be an issue. I deleted all of them before I tried install Sitecore again. And it worked!
Currently, after installation I have got just one SitecoreRootCert.