I do not know if you are so lucky as I am … but every time when I am trying to install a new version of vanilla Sitecore on my local instance I have got issues which did not appear for other developers.
This time during installation of Sitecore 9.1 which should take 10-15 minutes I noticed that XP0-SingleDeveloper.ps1 script starts and stops more or less in the middle of whole installation process with following error:
[---------------------------------- XConnectXP0_StartServices  : ManageService --------------------------------------------------] [XConnectXP0_StartServices ]:[Updating] sc910.xconnect-MarketingAutomationService Install-SitecoreConfiguration : Failed to start service 'Sitecore Marketing Automation Engine - sc910.xconnect-MarketingAutomationSer vice (sc910.xconnect-MarketingAutomationService)'. At C:\ResourceFiles\XP0-SingleDeveloper.ps1:74 char:1 + Install-SitecoreConfiguration @singleDeveloperParams *>&1 | Tee-Objec ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Install-SitecoreConfiguration [TIME] 00:04:07 Start-Service : Failed to start service 'Sitecore Marketing Automation Engine - sc910.xconnect-MarketingAutomationService (sc910.xcon nect-MarketingAutomationService)'. At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\SitecoreInstallFramework\2.0.0\Public\Tasks\Invoke-ManageServiceTask.ps1:40 char:33 + $instance | Start-Service + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController:ServiceController) [Start-Service], ServiceCommand Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : StartServiceFailed,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StartServiceCommand
I spent few hours trying to fix that. Based on previous experiences with Sitecore 9 and issues which I had with certificates I checked if my xConnect is accessible from the browser – it wasn’t. So I knew why I saw that error.
Usually, when I had an issue with certificates I had to just add those certificates to the trusted list with
I started to search for solution in the internet and found following articles:
The third link has been mentioned in the second link as a solution. In my case, this didn’t help but suggested the solution.
Powershell scripts were moving certificates to Intermediate Certification Authorities category – in theory it should be enough … in my case didn’t change anything so I checked what I had in this directory.
I found out that DO_NOT_TRUST_SitecoreRootCert was added there many times. That was signal to me that it seems to be an issue. I deleted all of them before I tried install Sitecore again. And it worked!
Currently, after installation I have got just one SitecoreRootCert.